Here at Elegance of Fashion, the Jane Austen Birthday Assembly will start off with a contest: the Guess Their Thoughts Contest. This is a new contest that I recently thought up of for something new and different for Elegance of Fashion.
- Pick a segment of a dialogue (a couple of lines so that the entry makes sense) from a Jane Austen novel or adaptation.
- Take one of the characters and write down what they might be thinking in modern-speak.
- Leave a comment saying with novel/adaptation it came from and the entry
- Entries will be accepted until Sunday, December 16th (Jane Austen's Birthday). Voting will commence on Monday, December 17th and last until the 20th when the Jane Austen Birthday Assembly closes.
- You can submit up to three.
- As always, keep it clean and family friendly.
Mr. Darcy: It must be agreeable to her to live within easy distance of her family.
Elizabeth: Easy distance? It's nearly fifty miles!
Mr. Darcy: What is fifty miles of good road? Yes, an easy distance.
Elizabeth: (thinking) Oh sure, you've never had to travel with my family.
Mr. Darcy: You would not wish to be always near Longbourn, I think.
Elizabeth: (Thinking) What, like your family's so perfect that you always want to live near Rosings?